Friday 15 January 2021

Three Articles at The Battleground 2020

The Battleground very kindly published three articles by me last year. Two originals and one edit of my long piece from May on life under lockdown. 


The Truth About Coronavirus: Science and Governing the Emergency

This is the most recent one, where I attempt to put the often repeated claim that government interventions are being "led by the science" into some kind of historical and context. I also touch on the sort of epistemology that is increasingly deployed as a way for political power to govern emergency situations. This piece is in some respects a brief outline of a longer analysis I'm working on coving the knowledge based techniques associated with the rise of what Giorgio Agamben is calling the political rationality of Biosecurity.

Pandemic Interiors: Pinkcourtesyphone and Coronavirus Politics

This one was also published in December. I've reviewed several Pinkcourtesyphone records for Musique Machine in the past and had planned an interview with the project's creator Richard Chartier. Midway through the year Chartier dropped another garish pink slab of dark ambient and it dawned on me that many of the themes of the project spoke to our era of lockdowns, paranoia and pharmacologically modulated states.

Life Under Lockdown: London Calling (COVID-19 Remix)

 This is the edit of the longer piece I wrote in May here.

All three, like everything I've written since March last year, are a response to the Coronavirus pandemic. This will likely continue for some time longer, but hopefully in the not too distant future I will feel inspired to write about something more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment