Monday 20 December 2021

Autumn/Winter articles at the Battleground

 

So, eventually I was able to pull myself out of the lockdown induced torpor to start writing on the pandemic again. I'm trying to approach things from a more oblique standpoint now. I'm done with the microphysics of pandemic power and (un)preparedness. I know all that stuff, and there's only so many roots into nuclear disaster planning and apocalyptic thought you can follow without ending up thoroughly drained of libidinal energy yourself. In the end I have gone so far West I ended up East. Below are links to a part exploration of China's social credit system and tech landscape with an eye on the developing geopolitical trends in what's been termed algorithmic governance. 

 

 

Ideological Upheaval -Pandemic Rebels and Fascist Longings (September 2021)







Pandemic, Politics, Anxieties - China’s Social Credit Model, Part I (December 2021)







East Meets West (Slight Return) - China’s Social Credit Model, Part II (December 2021)


No comments:

Post a Comment